Even more concept busts for the Night Gaunt
for reference, here’s the character description:

"Shocking and uncouth black beings with smooth, oily, whale-like surfaces, unpleasant horns that curved inward toward each other, bat-wings whose beating made no sound, ugly prehensile paws, and barbed tails that lashed needlessly and disquietingly. And worst of all, they never spoke or laughed, and never smiled because they had no faces at all to smile with, but only a suggestive blankness where a face ought to be. All they ever did was clutch and fly and tickle; that was the way of night-gaunts."

Even more concept busts for the Night Gaunt

for reference, here’s the character description:

"Shocking and uncouth black beings with smooth, oily, whale-like surfaces, unpleasant horns that curved inward toward each other, bat-wings whose beating made no sound, ugly prehensile paws, and barbed tails that lashed needlessly and disquietingly. And worst of all, they never spoke or laughed, and never smiled because they had no faces at all to smile with, but only a suggestive blankness where a face ought to be. All they ever did was clutch and fly and tickle; that was the way of night-gaunts."

Long time no post! The school year has started up again, and I’m taking a lot of interesting classes this semester.
Finally learning how to use Zbrush! We’re sculpting H.P. Lovecraft characters, so this is the start of my take on the Night gaunt.

Long time no post! The school year has started up again, and I’m taking a lot of interesting classes this semester.

Finally learning how to use Zbrush! We’re sculpting H.P. Lovecraft characters, so this is the start of my take on the Night gaunt.

Almost done with this one too! This sure went a lot fast then I thought it would. 
This is a test to composite the piece of the image together. At first I just had a beauty pass, an AO pass, and a depth map. But I had to split up the flowers, because none of the file formats could support the flower material and the transparency of the image. Everytime I tried to export the image, the flowers also ended up transparent. This actually happened with my hallway assignment too, but at least this time I found out what went wrong. 
I also realize that my school computers are a lot brighter then most monitors, so I need to check out how they look on other monitors. 

Almost done with this one too! This sure went a lot fast then I thought it would. 

This is a test to composite the piece of the image together. At first I just had a beauty pass, an AO pass, and a depth map. But I had to split up the flowers, because none of the file formats could support the flower material and the transparency of the image. Everytime I tried to export the image, the flowers also ended up transparent. This actually happened with my hallway assignment too, but at least this time I found out what went wrong. 

I also realize that my school computers are a lot brighter then most monitors, so I need to check out how they look on other monitors.